The Commonwealth Comment

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Bedford Harbor Cleanup


The Boston Globe is reporting today that the cleanup effort for New Bedford Harbor will be receiving quite the chunk of change. The project could get up to $35 million is federal stimulus funds. That would give New Bedford Harbor the largest slice of the $600 million Superfund pie, which is for various sites around the country. EPA administrator, Lisa Jackson is expected to travel to the Whaling City to make a formal announcement.

The 18,000 acre harbor and surrounding contributaries are heavily polluted with suspected cancer causing agent PCBs and other heavy metals.

Senators Ted Kennedy and John Kerry have advocated the cleanup of the harbor for decades. So, it came at no surprise that the two wrote letters to Jackson requesting funding for the cleanup.

Congressman Barney Frank, who represents New Bedford also wrote a letter to Jackson requesting similar funding. In an interview I did with Rep. Frank the day after President Obama's Inauguration, he told me about projects he'd like to see in his district....funding to clean New Bedford's Harbor was among them.

5 Comments:

  • hello dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for that exact make. The prices seeking the shoes are about 310 dollars on every site. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what do you think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:10 AM  

  • good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were around 240 bucks on every page. But completely I set this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:06 AM  

  • Hello. And Bye.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:00 PM  

  • good day ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the boots were all over 190 dollars on every page. But completely I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you say about it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:16 PM  

  • good evening ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 210 dollars on every page. But definitively I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what do you think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home